Thursday, January 30, 2014

Day 304- Oops, I Forgot

I have mentioned before that I take medication every day to help with my anxiety and depression. I have been taking it for about 10 months now and I have never missed a dose. Which is good because the medication I take is an anti-depressant, which is categorized as an SSRI (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors). Even though this type of medication is not considered addictive, it can cause physical withdrawal like symptoms. This is why anyone who takes this type of medication needs to consult with their doctor to properly wean themselves off the medication.

Yesterday I forgot to take my medication. I was stuck in traffic and was more concerned with being late to work than taking my medicine. It wasn't until I got home and saw my medicine that I realized I had not taken it. As soon as I realized this I took it. Now I know it takes longer than a day to have this type of medication leave your system completely, but it was nice to know that it didn't affect me like I had in my mind it would. That makes me think that when I go back to see my doctor in May, I might be ready to start the weaning process. By that time, considering nothing major happens, I will have had a full GOOD year under my belt. I might be ready to go back to a life of no medication.


Day 304- A Challenge A Day

Growing up I was part of the Disney generation. According to Disney, this is what love was and this is how to get a guy to like you.

As I got older the "chick flick" movie type was very popular and still is today. This is what I have learned from those movies that love is like.

The true meaning of love is being selfless, doing your best to always be patient, being loyal, putting your trust in those you love, commitment, protecting the ones you love,  not purposely doing harm, giving all of yourself, never giving up, not being vindictive, being understanding, not holding things against the ones you love, forgiveness, being kind, being honest, and always wanting to and bringing the best out in yourself and the ones you love. 

This is love.



No comments:

Post a Comment