Sunday, January 5, 2014

Day 279- Happiness Within

I'm sure you may have noticed that lately I have been talking about a book a lot by M.J. Ryan called Attitudes of Gratitude: How to Give and Receive Joy Every Day of Your Life. I've been reading it quite a bit lately and have been finding so much good stuff in it that I feel the need to share. I want to share something I read today. As soon as I read it I knew I had heard it before, but never in this way. Reading it in this way made it seem a little bit more powerful and true. It offered advice and something we can all try as well.

" If we expect someone or something outside ourselves to make us happy, we lose our power. The truth is we can't count on anything except our ability to choose how to respond to what happens to use. One way to counteract the tendency to look outside ourselves for happiness is to practice No Matter What. Before you go into a situation ask yourself, 'What is it that I can learn, accomplish, or experience here, no matter what happens?'"


Day 279- A Challenge A Day

10 Likes
1.) The Beach
2.) Country Music
3.) My Family and Friends
4.) Cuddling with Tyson
5.) Ellen Degeneres
6.) Justin Timberlake
7.) Taylor Swift
8.) In 'N'Out Cheeseburgers
9.) Fashion
10.) Pasta

10 Dislikes 
1.) Wind
2.) Meatloaf
3.) Pork chops
4.) Scary Movies/TV Shows
5.) Snakes
6.) Basketball
7.) L.A. Kings
8.) Airplane Rides
9.) Traffic
10.) Sushi

Note: It was a lot harder for me to come up with my dislikes than likes. Maybe I'm becoming more positive!?


No comments:

Post a Comment