Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Day 288- National …. Day

Yesterday I was reading an article that was talking about bizarre national holidays. I decided to look up my birthday and see what random national holidays were on that day. There was: National Applesauce Cake Day (I don't like applesauce or cake all that much so I won't be celebrating); National Hug Your Cat Day (I don't have a cat so I won't be doing this); National Old Maid's Day (I hope I don't end up an old maid!); National Cheese Day (I will definitely eat chess this day, especially may favorite- Swiss);  National Frozen Yogurt Day (I will have frozen yogurt for dessert); and National Cognac Day ( I don't drink anymore and when I did I would have never drank this).

Google your birthday and see what National Holidays come up. It is pretty interesting.


Day 288- A Challenge A Day

I have a total of 7 piercings and 1 tattoo. All of my piercing are in my ears. I have 3 on each ear on the lower section of my ear, better known as the ear lobe, and I have one of my left ear that is in the upper cartilage area. I actually do not wear any earrings on a regular basis. In fact I'm sure a few of my piercings are probably closed up by now. My ears are fairly sensitive and get infected easily. So I save the wearing of earrings for special occasions only.

I have my tattoo on my lower back in the area better known as a "tramp stamp." At the time when I got it I was 19 years-old. I actually did it for my birthday. I had wanted a tattoo for my 18th birthday, but decided that if I still wanted it a year later, I would get it then. Around the time I got my tattoo that location was very popular. I am actually glad I got it there because it is low enough that when I'm older and don't wear low rise jeans, shorter tops, or 2 piece bathing suits anymore, it won't be seen. 

My tattoo is a nautical star, which I got because at the time I was very into pop-punk/rock music. This symbol is often seen in relation to that type of music. I actually got the idea for my tattoo at a concert. There is also a black designs around it as well. If I had the choice now I probably would not get a tattoo just because I never see it, but that is also why I don't regret it because I never see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment