Monday, September 30, 2013

Day 183-Oh, We're Half Way There!

Today marks the half way point of this year long adventure. I can't believe it has already been six months. Part of me feels like I just started this yesterday, but the other part feels like I have been doing this forever. I guess that describes a lot of things in life.

I think why it seems like just yesterday is because I can still remember when I first came up with this idea and decided to do this. I remember when I first told my therapist this idea, when I first opened up to everyone on the social network sites I use, and my first post. I also specifically remember where I was when I wrote some of my earliest posts, and how I got some of my ideas. Remembering all those things makes it seem like it couldn't have been very long ago.

It seems like I just started because I feel like I have still have progress and growing to do. When I first began this I was probably at one of the lowest points of my entire life. I was so tired emotionally, mentally, and physically. I literally felt terrible every day. I was never present either. Even when I was physically there, I was hardly ever mentally there. I was all in my head. I was missing things by not being fully present.  Now, I can function on a daily basis. I actually enjoy moments, catch myself in happy moments, and even think positive thoughts more often than negative ones.

So far during this process I have had huge life events happen, and I think for the most part I have handled them fairly well. I transitioned into a new job, I got in my first car accident, I bought a new car, and I made the choice to take medicine for my anxiety and depression. I have kept true to my promise to post every day. Even when I'm tired and don't feel like writing, I make sure to always post SOMETHING. I've opened up and let a lot of people know about my every day. I've been surprised at the support and response I have received from both family, friends, people I haven't spoken to in awhile, and some people I don't even know.

I'm proud of where I have come in these past six months and can't wait to see how much farther I progress.


Day 183- Vocabulary Word of the Day- Instauration (in-staw-REY-shuhn) noun: 1.) renewal; restoration; renovation; repair. 2.) Obsolete. an act of instituting something; establishment.

Example: Hence, the Pop proclaimed the instauration of the Roman Empire, under two Emperors, a Northern Emperor and a Sothern Emperor.

No comments:

Post a Comment