Monday, September 2, 2013

Day 155- Perfect Day Off

After having the last three days off I really think weekends should be three days. Whoever decided that a work week should be five days instead of four days did not have a good idea. One day of the weekend is the day you get all your chores done that you need to get done, and the other day is only truly a half day off because then you have to get ready for the work week. After today I feel so refreshed and ready for the work week.

Today I got to sleep in until 9:30AM, I ate one of my favorite kinds of breakfast (a bagel with cream cheese), I changed out of my pajamas and into my bathing suit, I updated my music and FINALLY transferred all my music onto my new iPod I got for my birthday in June, I ate lunch, I laid in the pool with my mom and some of her friends, I read some of my book, I ran an errand for my dad, I had an extra long cold shower to cool off from the hot weather, and I had a Bar-B-Que with some of the neighbors for dinner. Overall, it was one of the best days off I have had in awhile.

I think this is how we should auspicate every week before the work week begins again- with relaxation and fun.


Day 155- Vocabulary Word of the Day- Pari Passu (PAH- red PAHS- zoo; Eng. PAIR-ahy PAS-oo, PAIR-ee): adverb- 1.) with equal pace or progress; side by side. 2.) without partiality; equably; fairly

Example:

But the ingenious machinery contrived by the Gods for reducing human possibilities of amelioration to a minimum- which arranges that wisdom to do shall come pari passu with the departure of zest for doing- stood in the way of all that.

No comments:

Post a Comment