Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Day 157- On A Positive Note

It's an incredible thing when you can actually see changes in yourself. For me, I get a sense of pride in myself every time I notice when I do something that is getting me closer to the type of person I want to be. On my drive home from work today, that exact situation happened.

Where I live it has been very hot weather wise lately, which in not unusual to anyone who has lived in my town during this time of year before. It is unusual though, that we have been having high humidity. Normally, we just have a dry type of heat. Now I'm not sure if the humidity is caused by the fact we have had a lot of cloud coverage nearby with thunderstorms happening, or if it is the humidity that is causing the clouds and thunderstorms. I've never studied that. Either way, every day I see clouds off in the distance every time I'm driving home.

I believe I have mentioned this before, but in case I haven't I'll mention it again. I love clouds. I'm not sure why, but I do. Big, puffy, white clouds that are usually in the sky after a rain storm are my favorite. They just make me happy because I think there is something so beautiful and magical about them (maybe it's because I watched a lot of Care Bears as a child and that is where they lived- in puffy, white clouds).  I'm also not sure if I mentioned the fact that I hate the heat. I get very irritated if it's over 90 degrees outside.

Today though, as I was driving home I thought to myself that the upside to this heat wave we have been having is all the clouds I get to see every day. I know that tiny thought seems like nothing, but for me it's HUGE! I have always been a glass half-empty girl. It was rare that I would see something positive in situations that I deemed less than enjoyable. If one part of the circumstance was negative, it was all negative- nothing could be positive. The fact that I even thought a tiny spec of positive (seeing clouds I love every day) in this negative surrounding I'm in (a huge heatwave), is a step to being a more positive person; which is exactly the kind of person I want to be.


Day 157- Vocabulary Word of the Day- Skedaddle ( ski- DAD-l) : verb- to run away hurriedly; flee.
noun- a hasty flight.

Example: We don't have time to waste today. Now go get your coffee and skedaddle.

No comments:

Post a Comment