Monday, September 16, 2013

Day 169- Dance, Dance, Dance

One thing I really miss is dancing. I loved being on dance team in 8th grade, but I never followed through in high school. Instead I played another year of soccer, payed more attention to my classes, and took different medical internship classes. I also haven't been out dancing with friends in a very long time.

In replacement of that I watch a lot of dance shows and see the majority of dance movies that come out. I'm just so amazed and in awe of dancers. Even though I have rhythm, I am nowhere near the level that the majority of the people on these shows are at. To me, it is so beautiful and amazing to watch.

Tonight, one of my favorite dance shows, Dancing With The Stars, begins its new season. If I was a star, I would definitely want to be on the show. I think because I have never even attempted ballroom dancing, that is why I like watching it so much. Seeing all the different routines they come up with and the stories they tell is breathtaking. I also enjoy watching the journey these people go through during the process. To me, it's inspiring.

Day 169- Vocabulary Word of the Day- Orrery (AWR-uh-ree, OR) noun: 1.) an apparatus for representing the positions, motions, and phases of the planets, satellites, etc. in the solar system. 2.) any of certain similar machines, as a planetarium.

Example: For part of the clock was an orrery: a mechanical model of the solar system that displayed the current positions of the planets and many of their moons.

No comments:

Post a Comment