Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Day 178- Less Time To Read

I think my reading period has officially ended. Now with all the television shows new seasons beginning, I have not read in awhile. Instead of reading at night, I'm watching How I Met Your Mother, The Voice, The Ellen DeGeneres Show, and Dancing with The Stars. Soon Glee, The Vampire Diaries, The Originals, and Awkward will start as well. I guess this is why I tend to only read in the Summer, because I like T.V. way too much.


Day 178- Vocabulary Word of the Day- Albedo (al-BEE-doh) noun: 1.) the white, inner rind of a citrus fruit. 2.) Astronomy. the ratio of the light reflected by a planet or satellite to that received by it. 3.) Meteorology. such a ratio for any part of the earth's surface or atmosphere.

Example: From deep space the rift had been visible only as a change in albedo, a dark scar slicing across the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment