Thursday, September 26, 2013

Day 179- I Just Don't Wanna

I don't know why, but lately I just don't want to write every night. Maybe because I feel like I have had a huge amounts of writer's block. I don't know what to write about because I feel like nothing has inspired me lately. For the majority of my week, I am stuck in such a routine. I wake up around 6:30 A.M., go to work, come home, eat dinner, take Tyson for a walk, shower, get all my things ready for the next day, write my blog, and relax a little before bed. Since writing has become part of my routine, it is once again starting to feel like I HAVE to write, not that I WANT to write.

I am a creature of habit and I like routine a lot, but every now and then I need to change it up. I think a way to spark that enjoyment for this blog again is that I need to do something...possibly make this weekend a bucket list weekend. On both Saturday and Sunday this weekend I'm going to go out of my way to cross items off my bucket list. Hopefully that will remind me why I wanted to begin this. I not only wanted to share my story and possibly help others, but I wanted to change my mindset by doing things I've wanted to do for awhile and to put myself in situations that would help me grow.

We all need a little reminder sometimes on why we do things. We also need reminders that it's important to get ourselves out of the routine and funks we can sometimes get in.


Day 179- Vocabulary Word of the Day- Sectile (SEK-til) adjective: capable of being cut smoothly with a knife.

Example: The sound of rapid steps made me raise my morose gaze from the sectile mosaic of the court- realistic rose petals cut out of rodstein and large, almost palpable thorns cut out of green marble.  

No comments:

Post a Comment