Saturday, September 7, 2013

Day 160- A Little Bit Of Stress

The last few days have been stressful to say the least. Knock on wood, I hope I never get into an accident again. Last night I started looking at different types of cars since I will have to be buying a new one. I've narrowed it down to six I want to go and look at. Hopefully it will be easier once I narrow it down even more.

I was able to get a my rental today, so at least I'm mobile again. I'm still sore, but I think I should be back to normal by Monday. It's funny, getting in the accident, dealing with the insurance, and looking for a new car are stressful situations, but it hasn't flared up my anxiety. The thing that has made me feel a little anxious is that I'm not feeling 100%. Being sore and tired from all the stress is what gives me some anxiety.

I've mentioned before that one of my biggest triggers for my anxiety is my health. It triggers feelings of being out of control. With so many unexpected health issues in the last 2 years, ones that I couldn't control, I feel very out of control when I don't feel well. It is that feeling of loss of control that I have issues with. I have made progress in realizing that most things I can't control, and that when things do happen all I can do is control how I handle and deal with it. I have more progress that needs to be made though when it comes to automatically associating not feeling well with something worse happening on the horizon.

Overall, I believe I have handled it all very well. I have found that I have been checking my rear view mirror more often when I'm stopped at a light, but this hasn't made me a complete basket case when driving like I was worried it would. I think because I wasn't too badly hurt, I accepted that it happened, and I knew that some anxiety may arise has helped me to not go over the edge.


Day 160- Vocabulary Word of the Day- Toile (twahl) noun: any various transparent linens and cottons.

Example:

His attention had been diverted by the astonishing amount of toile the room contained. The curtains were toile, the bedspreads were toile, as were the lamp shades and the boudoir chair.  

No comments:

Post a Comment