Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Day 156- Summer Memories

Labor Day usually signifies the end of summer because this is the time of the year when school starts and everyone gets back to some kind of routine. Summer has often been my favorite time of the year because I love being outside, pool parties, the beach, and being able to be outside literally all night without getting cold.

If I had to think of my favorite memory from summer it would have to be about three years ago. During this time the television show The Jersey Shore had just come out and was very popular. My friends and I decided to have a Jersey Shore themed party. Everyone dressed up, either as a specific person from the show or simply like people you would possibly see on the show.

Now my favorite summer memory is not necessarily the party itself, but the video that followed. A friend of mine video taped different parts of the night and ended up putting together a 3 minute and 23 second video. To this day I can still watch it and think it is one of the funniest videos I've ever seen. It puts a smile on my face every time. There were so many things that night I didn't see because I was in another room or was not there yet.

It was during this time too that I had the closest group of friends ever, I loved my job, and it was one of the happiest years I had while in my early twenties. That specific summer had so many good memories, but that specify party was the most fun and the best summer memory from that time in my life.


Day 156- Vocabulary Word of the Day- Serotinal (so-rot-n-l, set-uh TAHYN-l) : adjective- Pertaining to or occurring in late summer.

Example:

Botanists use the word serotinous to describe late-blossoming, and serotinal refers to the late-summer season of the year, especially used in descriptions of life-histories of freshwater organisms.

*Note: I did not realize the vocabulary word of the day referred to summer until after I finished writing my post for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment