Thursday, September 5, 2013

Day 158- First Time Accident

Today I was in my first car accident ever in the 12 years I have been driving. I've never even been in an accident when someone else has been driving. I won't go into too much detail about it because I don't want anything to get messed up as far as insurance goes, but myself and everyone else involved is fine. It was not my fault which I am thankful for. I think I would be much more of a basket case if it had been. I will definitely need a lot of work done on my car, or it might possibly end up with me getting a new car. We will see.

After I pulled off to the side of the road I called my mom so that she could meet me. I knew my car would need to be towed and my mom has AAA, I don't. When she got there she was so surprised that I wasn't shaking or crying. Overall I was pretty calm. I think it's because the other cars involved didn't skedaddle and leave me there alone. I was more mad I was going to be late for work than anything else.

The interesting thing is that a lot of things that other people stress and get anxiety over, like being in a car accident, starting a new job, trying to pay off debt, etc. are not the things that trigger me. If I'm being honest, the only part that is giving me anxiety is me worrying if driving is going to make me nervous now, because it never did before. Basically, I worry about whether or not I will worry. Hopefully this time though, with better tools in my belt this will not get out of control. I guess we will just see when I have to drive to work tomorrow.


Day 158- Vocabulary Word of the Day- Habiliment (huh-BIL-uh-muhnt): noun-
1.) Usually habiliments. a. clothes or clothing. b. clothes worn in a particular profession, a way of life, etc.

2.) habiliments, accouterments or trappings.

Example:

At this very moment, perhaps, Toad is busy arraying himself in those singularly hideous habiliments so dear to him, which transform him from a (comparatively) good-looking Toad into an Object which throws any decent-minded animal that comes across it into a violent fit.


No comments:

Post a Comment