Saturday, September 28, 2013

Day 181- Another Bucket List Item Checked!

I said the other day how I wanted to make this weekend about regaining my inspiration and crossing off items on my bucket list. Well today I followed through and went out and completed something I have wanted to do for awhile. It was actually a really simple task, but made me feel good.

37.) Pay for somebody's order behind me

I went to a drive-thru Starbucks this afternoon on my way to run errands and I saw this as a perfect opportunity. I was a little nervous at first, because when I pulled into the drive-thru, no one was behind me. Was I not going to be able to do this? After a few minutes though, a girl in a blue car pulled up behind me. She looked to be about my younger brother's age, and had pink streaks running through her blonde pony tail. When I pulled up to pay I told the guy to also pay for the order behind me. He did it without question.

As I drove away I thought about what her reaction was. I hope she appreciated it and that she will pass along the gesture to someone else at some point. I also hope she will tell others what happened and that it may spark someone else to do it as well. Now this has never personally been done for me, but I have heard others who have had someone pay for them. I always thought it was so cool to do. I've wanted to do it ever since I heard about it but for some reason haven't. To me, it is a small gesture to remind people that there are nice people in this crazy world. And who knows, maybe my small gesture could have just been the highlight and a turning point in her day.


Day 181- Vocabulary Word of the Day- Gangle (GANG-guhl) verb: to mover awkwardly or ungracefully.

Example: A tall, stiff-jointed man gangled past.

No comments:

Post a Comment