Monday, October 28, 2013

Day 211- I Need To Spend More Time

Part of being healthy means you need to be physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually healthy. Throughout life there are different times we need to work on certain areas of our health more than others. For me, I feel like I have been so consumed lately with working on my mental and emotional health that I have been ignoring my physical and spiritual health. It is time to give them some attention.

I think for the most part I am doing okay physically. Knock on wood, I haven't been sick for awhile. I can't, though, remember the last time I have worked out. At the beginning of the year I was working out all the time and even set a goal to run the city's 5K. Well, that is this weekend and I am nowhere near in the shape needed to do it. I know there are two reasons why I have been ignoring this and they are nothing but excuses.

One is that I really don't have a gym buddy right now. My sister-in-law helps to train the valley's youth cross country team, so in the fall she puts her gym workouts on hold until the season is over. For whatever reason, unless I have someone to go with, I don't want to go. Two is that after coming home from being at work all day and taking care of the things I need to, the last thing I want to do is go workout. I let my tiredness overrule the fact that I know I should go.

I have also been lacking in my spiritual health. I use to be going church every Sunday, but I have been choosing to sleep in the last few weeks rather than going. I also use to start each morning reading a few Bible verses and saying a prayer to start my day. I can't even tell you the last time I did that. It was taking an active interest and devoting time that helped me to accept and understand the situation I was in. It gave me something positive to focus on and partake in every single day. Without doing this I feel like something is missing.

So, it is time to make me healthy all around.


Day 211- Happy Halloween

I saw a lot of friend's costumes who went out to Halloween parties this past weekend. My favorite I saw was a couple who were a French kiss. Now this picture is not them, but they were dressed exactly like this.






No comments:

Post a Comment