Sunday, October 20, 2013

Day 203- What I've Noticed

Even though I feel like I have a pretty good handle on my anxiety I still have anxious energy every week that I have yet to figure out how to stop. It doesn't get out of control and I expect it, but I have yet to figure out how to not have it at all. I definitely can function with it and it goes away by the time I go to bed, but it is there without failure.

 Always on Sundays around 4:00 P.M.-ish I start to feel a nervous energy. I think it is because around this time I start to realize that my weekend is coming to an end. I know that I will have to start thinking about and making what I will make for my lunch the following day, I will need to start laying out my clothes for the following day, and I'll try and make sure all my weekend chores are done. Now I am still enjoying my job and I like the routine and stability it has caused in my life, so why do I get a nervous energy? There must be subconscious part that causes it every week that I have yet to tap in to and figure out.

I think the fact that I recognize that I feel it, that is has a pattern, and that I know it will pass keeps it from getting out of control. It could just be that my brain recognizes the time and day and has been programmed to react this way. It could be though that because I know this means I will be going back to waking up early for the next 5 days, which I HATE because I am not a morning person, that is why the nervous energy begins. Without realizing it, I'm making myself nervous because I know for the next 5 days I will be forced to do something I don't like.

So, how to I change that? I'm not sure yet, but I know I'll spend the next few days trying to figure it out.


Day 203- Happy Halloween


SCREAM, the first scary/horror movie I remember seeing. I was 11 years-old when it first came out and I'm pretty sure I saw it at that age too. That probably explains why I don't like staying by myself at night. Thanks Mom and Dad!!!! Just kidding. 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment