Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Day 86- Back on Track

After my hike yesterday I thought to myself, "How am I going to run a 5K in November when I can barely hike up these hills?" The truth is I haven't been keeping up very well with my training for it. So today on my lunch break I downloaded an app on my phone called C25K (Couch to 5K), that gets you ready to run a 5K in an 8 week period. You have to run only 3 days a week, but it slowly gets you ready. I think by having this mini "coach" it will make it easier.

Tonight I went up to the park above my house to start my day 1 of running. I brought my dad with me because it was near sunset and I didn't want to be at the park by myself in the dark. It's just not safe. I'm very glad he was there not only for that reason, but because he actually helped to motivate me. For whatever reason because I go to the gym every now and then, my dad thinks I'm in good shape. When I was about half through this first run, I thought to myself that I was done...I couldn't run anymore. Then I saw my dad watching me and I knew I couldn't change his opinion about my fitness. So, I kept going and I finished.


Day 86- Photo a Day Challenge- Flip Flops


I only own 2 pairs of flip flops, but I own A LOT of sandals.

No comments:

Post a Comment