Friday, June 21, 2013

Day 82- Why Don't I Do That More Often?

I'm almost done with my first book of the summer.  I have only 60 pages left, so I'll probably finish it tonight. Every time I read though I think, "Why do I only read in the summer?" I know the answer is because I often have more time to do it, but I enjoy it so much so why not do it more often? Even if it's not the greatest book, I still enjoy it.

For my fellow readers out there, what's your favorite part? For me, I love feeling like I've been transported to another world. I often forget where I am and my surroundings. I picture the characters and see the scenes play out in my head. I become apart of the story.

For awhile something that really helped me was I started to write my own fiction story. It kept my mind focused on something else and made me really calm. Overtime though I started to write less and less. I still have the story saved on my computer and will go back to it from time to time. The story now though just doesn't keep my focus like it did in the beginning. Maybe I just need to scratch what I have come up with since it's not that much and come up with a new one. I would love to actually complete a story, even it's just for me.

Maybe a new dream was born.


Day 82- Photo a Day Challenge- Last Summer

This photo was taken in Montreal, Canada. In the photo with me is my Dad, Mom, and younger brother. We were on our way to my Aunt's wedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment