Monday, June 24, 2013

Day 85- I'm On a Roll

I get to check off another item on my bucket list!

71.) Hike Towsley Canyon.

For anyone who lives in Santa Clarita, Towsley Canyon is one of the must to do if you are going to hike in the city. I have never hiked it.......until today.

I texted my sister-in-law last night and told her I didn't have work today and wanted to see if she and my nieces wanted to go for a hike. Since her, my brother, and my nieces are all very active and athletic she said yes. Plus it helped to get my nieces out of the house since they are on summer break right now.

We decided to do the Towsley loop which is a 5.1 mile hike. This is the longest I have ever hiked and was definitely the hardest. A lot of the hike is uphill and at points is fairly steep. There were multiple points that I felt like I wouldn't be able to make it. With the help of my family, and the fact that their 5 lb. dog was not only keeping up he was in the lead, I was motivated and able to do it. I will definitely be sore tomorrow, but it will be worth it.

Along the way we saw many pretty rocks, caves, and plants. We saw 2 HUGE birds of pray, 2 deer, a few squirrels, and a snake. I was a little panicked when we saw the snake because I am terrified of them, but since I was at the back of the group and farthest from it it, I managed. Plus I didn't really look at it.

It was so cool to not only see most of Valencia when we got to the top, but it was just amazing to see another side to Santa Clarita. Most of the time when we are driving on the 5 and 14 freeways, we don't realize what it's like on/in those mountains on the side of the freeways. It was like we were somewhere else, not the city I've lived in almost my entire life. It was actually a really beautiful reminder to realize that all this life and nature is going on all around us.

It was also a reminder of how far I've come (yes, this will be how getting over something is like climbing a mountain). The whole idea of starting at the bottom and working your way to the top and overcoming your struggles and hardships. Today I was literally at the top of a mountain, figuratively I'm the closest I've been to the top of my personal mountain than I have been in the last 2 years. It hasn't been easy, in fact its been really, really hard. But just like today, I've had my family with me every step of the way helping me along. I've also had a little 5 lb. dog motivating through this; every time I log on and see that someone else has viewed my blog it's motivated me to keep going and keep climbing to the top.








Day 85- Photo a Day Challenge- Makeup

I've always been the type of girl that wears makeup almost every day, but I've never been the type of girl to spend a lot of money on it or have tones of it. Here is the makeup I wear pretty much every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment