Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Day 72- Do Re Me Fa So La Ti Do

Some times we don't realize that we stopped doing something until we start doing it again.  For me, I didn't realize that I was no longer singing. Now I'm not a singer. I'm actually completely tone deaf, but I sing anyways.

Music has always been a big love of mine. The love really grew after my first concert when I was 15 years-old. I saw *Nsync, Pink, and Sisqo at the Rose Bowl for my birthday that year. After that I was hooked. I remember for awhile I was going to at least one concert a week. I was also buying music constantly, reading every music magazine I could find, watching music videos on television all day, and I knew all the words to hundreds of songs.

I even have had an interest in having a career in music. My two dream jobs most of my teen and young adult years have been to either work on a television show like Pretty Little Liars and chose the music they play each episode, or work as a music coordinator on a show like The Ellen Degeneres Show and make sure everything is together for the musical acts on the show.

But every since my anxiety and depression has been present I haven't enjoyed music as much. It wasn't that I lost interest in it, but I was only able to listen to certain types of music and certain artists. I guess I was also not singing along when I was listening to songs in the car or at work because the other day I was driving and singing. The action felt foreign to me. I realized I hadn't sung along in awhile. I couldn't remember when I had stopped. For me, though, this small little action is huge. It's a sign that I'm a little closer to that light out of this dark tunnel.

Day 72- Photo a Day Challenge- Homework

I'm no longer in school and no one I know is since it's Summer vacation, so I couldn't take a picture.
Instead I did something off my love list- Watch Sex & the City.

No comments:

Post a Comment