Monday, June 10, 2013

Day 71- And They Lived Happily Ever After

Today my parents are celebrating their 35th wedding anniversary. It's nice for me to say that since so many couples today don't stay together. I definitely count myself lucky to say that my parents are still married.

For a long time I didn't think I wanted to get married. I know that's different than most girls/women, but I never saw the point of it. This doesn't mean that I grew up not wanting to find someone to create a life with. It also doesn't mean that I wouldn't get married. If it was important to the person I was with and I knew I wanted to build a life with them, I would get married. But, for me marriage was never a something that would determine my success and my happiness.

However, as time has gone by I have decided I do want to get married. I'm not sure if this shift is due to getting older, seeing friends get married, or just a change of heart. Either way, marriage is something I do want, and I can't wait to celebrate my 35th wedding anniversary.


Day 71- Photo a Day Challenge- Black & White


My evening, In'N'Out and the Ellen Show.

No comments:

Post a Comment