Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Day 358- Be Selfish

I've learned one of the best things you can do is be selfish. Does that mean that you shouldn't do things for others simply because you don't want to? No. Does it mean that you shouldn't think about others? No. It means that you have to be willing to make sure you have to be willing to take care of yourself, otherwise you won't be any good to anyone.

When I was going through my issues, I was the most selfish person. I was always thinking about myself. I felt like I was always talking about MYself and My problems. I was so in my head that I was never truly present when I was with others. I would break plans or not even make them because I was worried if I wouldn't enjoy them. I was the wrong kind of selfish.

Now that I am feeling like myself again I am a different kind of selfish. In fact, I'm not sure if it really is selfish. It it more that I am self-aware. I know the signs when I am having some anxiety or sadness creep in. When I notice those I do the things that I know I need to do to get back to a positive place. By taking the time to make sure I am the best version of myself I can make sure to give everyone I encounter my best.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment