Monday, March 10, 2014

Day 343- Knowing My Body

One thing I have always been really good about is knowing my body. I think from all my time in the hospital as a child and having doctors ask how I am, I learned about my body pretty quickly. In fact, the morning I woke up with the horrible pain my blockage was causing I knew it was serious. I knew it was more than just a little dehydration. For whatever reason I didn't say anything. I guess I was hoping it wasn't serious. We all know though, it was. 

One thing my anxiety did was it made me loose faith in me knowing my body. It caused me to believe the lie the anxiety was telling me. I knew every time I felt nauseous or dizzy it wasn't because I had developed a tumor over night, but I swore I did. It is amazing to me that all my years of learning and understanding myself could vanish so quickly. I still can't understand how I was able to doubt myself. 

Once I was able to learn the side effects of anxiety I learned even more about my body. I'm finally starting to feel confident again. Today I went to the doctors. The last few days I have not felt great so I decided to get it checked out. I was right. I have a sinus infection. I knew I needed to go because I have had so many sinus infections in the past. I know when I have one. It was a nice to gain some confidence again in knowing when something is and isn't right. 

No comments:

Post a Comment