Sunday, March 2, 2014

Day 335- Lets Be Honest

Now I still haven't figured out if this is a good thing or not, but I am very honest. This isn't to say I don't question things I have done or think if things I have said are right. But I have realized that I am very open about all the things that have happened in my life whether it is good or bad. More importantly, I don't really think about it. Being open and honest is just something that is natural to me. Even though I am open and honest, I don't think I am ever cruel to myself and others.  

I remember when I first started this project. I could have very easily kept it private and done it just for me. Instead I decided to open up to everyone on my Facebook and Instagram to let them know what I was going through. After I posted about it I remember my Mom telling me how honest and brave it was for me to do it. To me, it wasn't that big of a deal. It was just something I did.

I think it is my ability to get honest with myself that has been my greatest asset in this process. Instead of lying to myself that everything was fine, I knew I couldn't do this on my own anymore. I needed help. I also knew that I needed to start taking medication. Even though it was the hardest decision I've made, I knew it was necessary. It is being honest with myself that was the first step in accepting what was going on. Once I accepted it I was able to start working on getting better.

I guess if I was to really look at it, being honest is a good thing. It is definitely something I wouldn't change about myself. It is my honesty that has allowed me to open up. It is also why others ask for my advice and trust me. It is also why I now fully trust myself.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment