Thursday, March 6, 2014

Day 339- Keep The Change

Change is not something I enjoy. I know that it happens and it is part of life. I also know it is necessary for growth. That doesn't mean I like it. I like consistency, habit, and a schedule. These are all things that keep me calm, focused, and thriving.

One of the biggest things that has helped me this last year is my job. Even though each day is different from the next at work, it has helped to give me a routine. There have been times this past year that I have felt like I was in a rut because of the same routine my days have become because of work. I always get up at the same time, work the same hours, and have the same nightly routine. Even on those days I have felt in a rut, however, I still have felt better than when I didn't have so much consistency each day.

When I started therapy I was so afraid of change. I was afraid if I didn't do the same things all the time, it would cause something bad to happen. I wasn't sure what, I just feared it wouldn't be good. As time has gone on I have learned that even if change comes it doesn't mean it won't automatically be a negative change. And if it is negative that is okay because I now know I will most likely be able to handle it. Even with learning this you probably won't hear me saying "Bring on the change," but you will be hearing me say "Change doesn't scare me like it use to."

No comments:

Post a Comment