Thursday, December 26, 2013

Day 269- Another Happiness Journey

A few weeks ago two friends of mine left on a journey on a lifetime. They are high school sweethearts and two of the best people I know. A few months ago they realized how unhappy they were with their jobs and knew that it was time for a change. So they decided to sell their house, sell their cars, sell the majority of their possessions, and quit their jobs. With that money they decided to take the time to travel the world and see where the next 6 months to a year take them. They planned the first few weeks of their journey and are starting out in the Philippines. After that, they are going to go wherever the journey takes them.

As a way to keep all their friends and family updated on their journey they made a special Instagram account and are writing their journey on a blog. I read it last night. I am so proud, and a little jealous, of them. It's so inspiring to see others who I consider friends on their own journey to happiness.  It just shows me how capable we all are to making a change in our lives. It is never easy and can definitely be scary, but we all have that power in us. Whether it's traveling the world like them or seeking help like me, as long as you take that chance a change is possible. I can't wait to see what else their journey has in store for them, and I can't wait to see what mine has in store for mine.


Day 269- A Christmas Story

The next hour of our flight both Nick and I sat in silence while I thought about the things that make me happy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment