Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Day 260- Me? Advice Giver?

I can't believe I have a little over 100 posts left. It is crazy how fast all of this has gone by. It's even crazier though how much I have changed in this process. Tonight I was the one giving advice to someone instead of getting it. It may have been the greatest advice this world had ever heard, but it is still something I probably would not have done 9 months ago.

A friend of mine was complaining that lately they have been having trouble sleeping. I gave them a few   options they could try to help. All of the suggestions they were brushing off and automatically saying they won't work. I finally got to the point where I told them that nothing is going to change if you don't even try. If you aren't going to try, then don't complain.  It may seem harsh to some, but from my experience I have learned that is the only way a change can come.

I wanted a change. I did my share of complaining and I tried for a little. It wasn't until I dove in 100% that I finally saw change happening. I realized that it is true that others can help us, but if we don't make the ultimate decision to help ourselves and change then it won't happen. Now the not complaining part of my advice might not be the most sympathetic, but I have learned how amazing things can be when we stop complaining and start doing.

So here is my advice. It might sound cheesy or cliche, but it is the truth I have learned. If you want change to happen in your life, then get up, stop complaining, and start making the change. I promise remarkable things will happen if you do.


Day 260- A Christmas Story

I followed his lead because something about him made me automatically trust him and feel safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment