Thursday, December 19, 2013

Day 262- Don't Call Me Shirley

Five years ago today my grandpa passed away. I didn't get to spend a lot of time with him growing up because he lived in Oregon my entire life. The last few years of his life he would come down twice a year for a few weeks each time. It was during these visits that he and I became very close. My favorite memories with him are sitting outside, listening to him whistle, taking walks around the neighborhood with him, and hearing all the amazing stories he had. He would have these random weird sayings like Don't call me Shirley and Chevrolet coupe and the wheels fell off. He would say them all the time and laugh each time he would say them. I would always joke around and tell him he was a pimp because all the female nurses at the hospital he volunteered at would tell him that he was their favorite. He was an amazing man and I think about him almost every day. I miss him but I'm thankful for the time I got to spend with him.



Day 262- A Christmas Story

It was about three hours into that flight when I was pulled out of my thoughts by the man sitting next to me because he asked, “Are you going home for the holidays?”


No comments:

Post a Comment