Monday, December 2, 2013

Day 245- I Get Knocked Down

On Saturday I took a pretty big fall while walking Tyson. While I was going to step back up onto the sidewalk I slipped on some berries that were scattered on the street from the tree above. I bruised up one of my shins pretty bad, bruised both knees, one of my wrist and elbow is scratched up, and one knee is pretty scrapped up. The knee that is scrapped up is right where my knee bends, so it has not even started healing too much. It hurts to walk, get up, and is pretty red, and a little hot. 

I would be lying if I didn't say this was giving me a bit of anxiety. My biggest issues with my anxiety is that I would worry about my health. The first sign of something not right, like a stomach ache or headache, I would take it and go directly to worst case scenario in a matter of seconds. With my knee not healing, red, and a little hot I do have in the back of my head that maybe it is infected. I have even thought I don't want it to become a staff infection. 

Instead of letting it take over everything I have told myself that if I don't see any improvement by Wednesday, which will be 5 days, I will go to the doctors. In the meantime I am keeping it clean with some anti-bacterial spray and watching it. That is all I can do and I have finally realized that worrying about it won't change it, it just changes how I am. Because when I'm  in my high anxiety states, I don't function and feel like I'm driving myself crazy. Nothing positive comes out of it, and I want to be positive. 


Day 245- A Christmas Story

Not only did I oversleep, traffic to get here was terrible and the lineup for all the holiday travelers seemed never ending. 


No comments:

Post a Comment