Friday, May 31, 2013

Day 61- "Be Nice to Myself" Day

A year ago today my family and I were on a plane heading to Canada for my Aunt's wedding. Man how time flies ! (Yes, that was a pun).

But unlike last year today is my only day off until next Saturday. So, I thought I would spend the day pampering myself for my birthday next week.

After taking Tyson to the vet this morning for his yearly checkup and shots (the vet said he is very healthy, so I am one happy Momma), I am spending the rest of my day treating and gifting me!

Currently I'm at the hair salon getting my hair colored and cut. Even though where I go to get this done is far, I love coming because my old co-worker does my hair. We worked together about 8 years ago and still keep in contact. In fact, when we worked together she was going to cosmotology school. It's amazing and so enjoyable to not only catch up, but that we still are friends.

After my hair I'm planning on doing a little shopping at one of my favorite malls, and then I haven't decided between getting my nails or my eyebrows done (maybe I'll do both)!

Even though I'm doing this to celebrate my birthday and gift myself, I think it's important to have more days like this. It will be called "Be nice to myself" day. We all need a day where we not only treat ourselves to a little TLC, but we give ourselves a day where we accept and love ourselves. Not only should we say nice things to ourselves on this day, but we should forgive and accept ourselves for where we are right at this moment.

Forget about what happened yesterday or a year ago, stop worrying about what could happen tomorrow. Look where you are at right now and love it; but more importantly love you.

So, for me today this is where I am at: I am the happiest I have been in awhile; I have friends, family, and a dog who love me; I am determined to get better every day; simply put I AM AWESOME!!!

Day 61- Thing I Love to Do........ Talk to my Auntie Lysa.

No comments:

Post a Comment