Sunday, May 26, 2013

Day 56- Words of Kindness

On Friday I went through my entire room and spring cleaned it. I dusted everything, went through my desk drawers and threw away old papers, and I went through my closet and dresser and made a bag of clothes I don't wear anymore to give to my nieces. While I was cleaning through things, I found 2 things I had kept (and I'm still keeping) that were simple words of kindness expressed by wonderful people in my life.



This was a letter my current manager wrote for me. It was probably just a month or two after I had started working there. It basically told me to keep up the hard work and that he really appreciates all I do. It also had $10 in it. I was not expecting it at all. I've had managers tell me thank you before, but this was the first time someone had taken the time to write something out and give me a gift. I keep this letter in my desk drawer and read it from time to time (mostly when I've had a rough day/week at work) and it reminds me to keep on working hard, you never know who will take notice.  




This picture is of a folding board I have from my previous job. Before working where I work now I was an assistant manager at the clothing store Pac Sun. I worked there for a little over 3 1/2 years and I absolutely loved it. I got along so well with all my co-workers. We often would all hangout outside of work as well and some of my best friends I still have I made working there. Last January, however, our store was picked to close down. I was devastated. As kind of a last hooray, we had a get together with everyone and we ended up each taking a t-shirt folding board and signing it (sorta like a school yearbook). This t-shirt board I will probably keep the rest of my life. The things written on it are so uplifting and kind. Whenever I'm feeling down I can read it and feel good. 

So just remember, you never know how important a kind word can mean to someone.

Day 56- Thing I Love to Do......Hangout with Family.

No comments:

Post a Comment