Thursday, May 2, 2013

Day 32- Let the Training Begin

One thing on my Bucket List is to do a 5K run. For anyone who knows me this is a HUGE deal. I normally repeal physical activity. I could even say I hate to do it. After I started having to go to physical therapy for my back, I didn't hate it as much. After that time ended I purchased a gym membership to go workout with my sister-in-law. Not only would it continue to help out with my back issues with keeping up my core workouts, it was another way for me to hangout with my sister-in-law.

I've also had this little goal in the back of my head a few years ago when I watched my older brother finish a marathon. Watching everyone it was inspiring to see everyone cross this finish line. It brought tears to my eyes multiple times. My goal is to do a color run with my friends on June 22 and then the 5K in November in my city with family members. Everyone had a different reason for being there; different goals and struggles on their path to the finish line. For me, I just want to do something that I never thought I would and that I know will be hard for me. And I'm sure when I cross that line there will be tears in y eyes.

SO, today I ran/walked for 10 min.......I started by walking 1 min, running 2 min, walking 1 min, running 2 min, walking 2 min, and running 2 min. It wasn't easy, but I did it.

Day 32- Thing I love to Do.......Go to Dinner with Friends.



No comments:

Post a Comment