Thursday, August 29, 2013

Day 151- Check Up

Today I had my 3 months check up with my doctor who I get my anti-depressant prescription from. In order to ensure that everything is going correctly with it, I have to have a check in with her every few months or so. There can be a lot of nasty side effects with medicine that alters the chemicals in your brain, so you have to be careful and consistent with it.

The weird thing is I have not felt a lot of anxiety or had a feeling of being wound up in a long time. The doctor today said that just by talking to me she could see what a difference and change that has happened to be. She said it was actually kind of amazing. Ever since my appointment though, I have felt a little anxious and wound up. If I had to guess why this was it is because I'm sure in the back of my head, the part that still remembers and is comfortable being in an anxiety state, was triggered again by the visit. Being in the same office, being asked the same kind of questions, and talking about something that I still work on every day to put in my past triggered old feelings.

I definitely am not filled with as much anxiety as I use to. I'm not having the shaky feeling, heat in the back of my neck and arms, body tingles, or dizziness like I would have all day, every day in the past. I just have a little feeling of uneasiness. The thing though, I know by tonight, and certainly by tomorrow morning, I will have lost those feelings and I'll be back to feeling good.

To guarantee that I will feel better tomorrow I will make sure when I go to bed tonight I will reflect on how far I have come in just a few months, and I will make sure I say I few I am's.


Day 151....Song I Love- Avicii- Wake Me Up

I'm not really into the whole EDM music craze that is going on right now. In fact, the majority drives me crazy. There are a few songs and artists of this genre I do like though. Avicii happens to be one of them. This is his newest song and probably my favorite of his. I also like the video because it was filmed in the area I pass through in order to get to the beach.


No comments:

Post a Comment