Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Day 128- Keep Pushing

Tonight I decided to go for a run. If I'm being honest, I haven't been sticking to my training program very we'll yet again. I'm sure I could give a bunch of excuses as to why that is, but the truth is I've just slowly pushed it down my priority list. In hopes of getting some motivation back I just went for a simple run. I didn't use my training app on my phone, I just ran.

From my house to the end of the main street to get to my house is about a mile. When I first started running I would see how long I could run towards the end of the street and then have someone pick me up to bring me home. The reason I would have someone pick me up is because the street is downhill, and I'm just not ready physically to run the fairly steep hill back up to my house. When I started I could get only about half way down before I would have to start walking. I still can't get all the way down, but tonight I ran farther than I ever have.

I wanted to start walking at the place I normally do, but I told myself just a little farther, and I did! As I was running I remembered something I heard on some fitness show. We will tell ourselves that we can't keep going, but in reality our bodies actually can. A lot of marathon runners will tell you that while running the 26.2 miles they have to run to finish the run, there is a point where they hit a "wall." At this point they feel like they can't possibly go anymore, but if they push through it, it becomes easier again. All they have to do is pass that "wall." I knew tonight that even though I wanted to stop, my body was capable going just a little farther.

This idea is the same with any hard situation you may be going through. If you keep pushing, even when you think you can't, go on you will eventually break through that wall and everything will be easier. For me, there were a few times that I thought I couldn't keep living the way I was. I couldn't keep being sick with worry every day because my anxiety was so bad. I couldn't keep wanting to cry every second because I was so unhappy with the way my life was. I knew I had to do something, anything, to get some kind of control back.

It was around this time that I finally decided to see a therapist and get some help. It was also this same kind of thinking that helped me decide to take medicine. I knew I couldn't break through the wall out of nowhere, I would have to train and become strong. The therapy sessions and assignments my therapist gave me where like my workouts, and my medicine was like the supplements I needed to help built the muscle. With the combination of working out and supplements, I became strong enough. I was able to knock down that wall.

And let me tell you, once you break through the wall, it might not be perfect on the other side, but it is one of the most beautiful things you'll ever experience.


Day 128.... Song I Love- All Time Low- Weightless


I have actually had the pleasure of meeting and hanging out with these guys a few times. They are honestly some of the nicest guys I have ever met. This song is one of my favorites of theirs for one specific line in the song. When they sing, "Maybe it's not my weekend, but it's going to be my year," it reminds me that everything will be okay and to stay positive. Just because you have a bad day doesn't mean you have a bad life. Everyone has bad days, the magnificent thing is that the following day can be 100% better.





No comments:

Post a Comment