Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Day 135- There's No Place Like Home

Growing up one of my favorite movies was The Wizard of Oz. Unlike most children, I wasn't afraid of the wicked witch or flying monkeys. I wanted to watch the movie all the time. Now that I'm older, I look at the movie a little differently.

In the beginning of the film, everything is black and white, but eventually the film turns to color. It was when the film is in color that Dorothy learned more about who she was. She was strong, brave, and stood up for what she knew was right. She stood by her friends and did everything she could to help others. Dorothy learned what was important to her, her family. In a lot of ways, she became the woman she was suppose to be. When the film finally went back to black and white, she was a completely different person.

On of the most famous things from The Wizard of Oz is the song Dorothy sings called Over the Rainbow. A Hawaiian singer covered the song in 1993 and mixed it with another popular song called What A Wonderful World. This song has become one of my favorites because it's so peaceful and calming. I love it.


Day 135....Song I Love- Isreal "IZ" Kamakawiwo 'ole'- Over the Rainbow/What a Wonderful World


No comments:

Post a Comment