Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Day 150- I Have A Dream

Today is the 50th anniversary of the day the Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. gave is legendary "I Have A Dream" speech. This has reminded me that one the last day of my last group therapy session we made what was called dream boards. On it we put things that we dreamed and hoped for in our futures. I thought I would share with you what I put on my board.

A photo of a beach that has California written underneath it: I know I have not traveled very much, but I can't see myself living anywhere but California. The weather is perfect, the scenery is beautiful, and all my family and friends are here. For my own well being, I need to stay close to them. Ultimately my dream is to own a home by the beach, specifically anywhere in Orange County. For whatever reason, every time I am driving south, when I cross over into Orange County, a feeling of calm comes over me. It doesn't matter to me if the home I own is where I live all year round or just a little getaway, my dream is just to own something there one day.

A picture of Greece: If I only get the chance to travel to one other place in my life, it better be Greece. That is at the tip top of my travel wish list. Ever since I learned about Greek mythology in 6th grade I have been obsessed with it. I could read it all day, watch tons of movies on it, and learn about non-stop. I don't know why, but it is so interesting to me. Of course I would love to see everything and do as much as I can, but my priority would be to see the Parthenon, the Acropolis, Olympia, Delphi, and so much more.

A luggage tag with the countries of Italy, England, Australia, and New York on it: If I got a few more chances to travel in my life after Greece, these are the top places on my list.

A picture of a dog with the word happy next to it: Now that I have a dog, I don't think I'll ever be able to live my life without one and be happy.

A picture of a journal and a pen: I have learned how important it is to me to write every day. It helps to keep me focused, clear my head, and ultimately keep me happy.

I have the words the greatest love- married and family: It took me awhile to realize it, but I do want to get married one day. It is also important to me to keep my family around. My dream is that these 2 things will always be in my future.

I have a notepad with the words 5 Thing I Love About You written on it: This was a reminder to me to always remember the thing I love about myself and what others love about me. I hope I will never forget that or not believe it again in my life.

I have the letters VIP on it: This was a reminder that I need to make myself most important because if I don't take care of myself first, no one else will. I won't be any benefit to anyone if I can ensure to be the best possible version of me.

I had another tag with the words Faith, Hope, Trust, Love and a cross on it: These are all things I dream to have in my life now and in my future.

I have a photo of a singer standing in a crowd at a concert: Music is such a big part of my life and something I enjoy so much. I love and have so much fun when I go to concerts. Over the last 2 years that part of me grew smaller, but since I have been feeling better it has returned. I dream about all the concerts I will one day go to.

I have a picture of people on swings at an amusement park: When i saw this picture it reminded me of Disneyland. I love everything Disney and if i ever make a decision on having kids I can't wait to share with them all the Disney movies and memories I have from growing up.

I have the saying Always filled with Laughter on it: I dream that i will have a lot of good times and laughter in my life.

I have the saying It's Not The Destination But The Journey That Matters on it:  For the longest time all I dreamt about was getting rid of this anxiety. If I got what I wanted when I got it, I would have never formed tighter bonds or met all the people I met while on this journey. This saying is a reminder to me that everything that happens has a reason for it, you just have to go with it. I dream I will remember this the next time my journey gets a little bumpy.

I have the saying On The Rod Of Life There Are Many Paths on it: One big thing I have had to overcome is my desire to be in control of every thing. I didn't want to accept that my life be on a different path than I thought it should be. I hope I don't forget this.

These are all the things I put on my dream board and the meaning behind each one.

Now go out and create your own dreams.

Day 150....Song I Love- Colbie Caillat- Dream Life, Life

I love her and this is one of my favorites of hers.






No comments:

Post a Comment