Monday, July 8, 2013

Day 99- The End of A Chapter

Tonight was the last night of my therapy group. It has been a few weeks since we last all saw each other last and it was nice to see that for the most part, everyone was doing well. When I first entered this group my biggest goal was to gather more coping skills. I had already done a lot as far as gathering information and understanding in my anxiety and what my triggers were. I just didn't really have a game plan for when these issues arose. Now that I'm all done, I feel like I gained what I wanted to.

For me, the talk part of this therapy group was not as valuable as the art part of it. I really learned that doing art projects really helps me to get rid of all the anxious energy I have when my anxiety is present.  By focusing all my energy in a new and positive direction, I am able to release all those anxious thoughts and feelings. Also, I knew it was before, but I really realized how important writing is to my sanity. With this realization, I feel more equipped for when things come up. I still feel like there are things I can learn and more skills I could gain, but for now I gained what I wanted and set out to.

Day 99- Words of Wisdom...."On the road of life there are many paths."

No comments:

Post a Comment