Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Day 115- You Think You're Having A Bad Day?

Today was a reminder that I really need to count my blessings every day. Even when you think you're having a bad day, there is always someone out there having a worse day.

These last few days I've been a little nervous because my parents are going on a mini vacation for 2 days without me or my brother (I'll explain tomorrow why this has been making me nervous).  This is what has been stressing me out, but it is nothing to what two co-workers have been dealing with. One co-worker, the doctor's told her yesterday that her father, who has been sick for awhile, will probably not last through the weekend. The other co-worker, received health news on Monday that will change her life forever. The thing I found most amazing though, was both these people seem to be handling it so well and are being so strong.

When I heard these two things and saw them being strong today I thought, "Wow. What my worries have been are nothing compared to what others I know are dealing with." It kind of put things back into perspective for me. It was just a friendly reminder that you really have to realize that things could be much worse and recognize all the good things that happen each day.


Day 115- Words of Wisdom.... "Carry your light with you wherever you go."


No comments:

Post a Comment