Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Day 101- Happy Birthday B!

Today my eldest niece turns 15 years-old. I can't believe how fast it has gone. One of my happiest memories ever was when my brother and his wife first told us they were having her. Not only was she going to make them first time parents, but she was making me a first time aunt. Now, my older brother is much older than myself and my younger brother. He is actually 13 years older than me, which is neat because I'm exactly 13 years older than my niece B.

When they told us, they were currently living up north in Fremont, CA. They had come down at Christmas time to spend some time with us during the holiday. They told us that they had a gift for each of us, but we all had to sit down and open it at the same time. So my dad, mom, younger brother, and I sat down and we were all given envelopes. Inside there was a card that read Merry Christmas. When I opened it though it read, "Merry Christmas Auntie Jen." It took me a minute to understand it, but when my mom started repeating, "Really? Really? For real?" I got it. I remember that was one of my happiest moments ever. I couldn't believe I was going to be an aunt to a little niece or nephew.

15 years later, B is one of the most amazing young women I have ever known. She is not only beautiful, but she is soooooooo smart. If anyone in this world is going to find a cure for cancer, I would put my money on it being her. She is also mature, has a good head on her shoulders, and works so hard at everything she does. She is an amazing cross country and track and field runner. I truly enjoy all the times I get to hangout with her, both individually and with the family.

I'm so grateful that my brother and his wife decided to move back and so close to us. I feel so lucky that I get to watch her grow up. Also, she probably doesn't realize how much she has helped these last few years in getting over my anxiety and depression by just being her. I can't wait one day when she is older and she can fully understand this time in my life, that I can thank her.

So B, happy birthday! I love you and I love being your aunt!

Day 101- Words of Wisdom.... "Only an Aunt can give hugs like a mother, keep secrets like a sister, and share love like a friend."

No comments:

Post a Comment