Sunday, July 7, 2013

Day 98- A Year Ago Today

A year ago today I woke up to the scariest morning of my life. To this day I'm still not sure if it was a panic attack or a freak case of food poisoning. There are factors that lean to both, but there are more that it was food poisoning. I remember it scared us so much we went to see our regular doctor as soon as I was able to. After running a few tests, they advise me to go to the hospital because it looked like I had a blockage in my intestines, which is what occurred the year before and was the starting point of all my anxiety issues. Needless to say, I was scared.

After we left the doctor's we returned home so I could shower and get a few things in case it was a blockage because we knew that would mean a few days in the hospital. After a few hours and a few more tests they determined there was no blockage and that I could go home. I left with a diagnosis of food poisoning/stomach bug. I was so grateful it wasn't a blockage again because I know it would have been a huge tole on me both mentally emotionally. In a way though, it kind of was because this was the start of when my anxiety and ultimate depression really started to get out of control and affect my every day life.

The last few days my anxiety has been heightened because of this being a year, but nothing to how I was last year. My mom noticed that I was a little quiet and introverted yesterday and asked why, so I told her. Even though she remembers that day, she didn't remember it happened July 7th. I'm not sure why I seem to remember exact days like this. I guess because they were so traumatic for me. But it's nice to know that while I sit here and write this that day and the events that followed seem so much longer than just one year. It's crazy how fast things can change, and I'm glad to say I'm in a better place than I was exactly one year ago today.  

Day 98- Words of Wisdom.... "Progress comes from people who are not satisfied with the way things are."

No comments:

Post a Comment