Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Day 93- See a Penny, Pick It Up


I wanted to tell this story yesterday, but it didn't really fit in with me explaining my new plan for July. So, I will tell it tonight. Yesterday at work my co-worker and I were cleaning out the fitting rooms and I saw a penny on the floor. It was heads down, which is supposedly bad luck if you pick it up. I picked it up anyways and my co-workers exact words were, " Nooooooo. That's bad luck!" I told her that it's not if we put it heads up so that someone else could receive good luck (I'm not sure if it's true, but I said it anyway). So we put the penny heads up right outside the store's front door where a lot of people pass.

After that I continued to clean out the fitting rooms and found another penny, this one heads up. About an hour later I went to use the restroom that our store and 2 others share, and there I found another penny heads up. Then, a little while later I was walking around to make sure everything was clean and I found a third penny heads up. Some people would call this karma because I did a good thing and received good back. I, however, would call it a small reminder that when we try and do kind things for others, no matter how small, good things will come to us.


Day 93- Words of Wisdom...."Have enough reasons for wanting to stay healthy." 

No comments:

Post a Comment