Saturday, July 27, 2013

Day 118- No More Retail!!!

I am officially all done with retail!!!! I'm just getting home from my last shift. Now I know you should never say never, but I plan on NEVER going back. Don't get me wrong, some of the most fun I have had in my life has been while working at all the stores I worked at. All together I spent a total of 9 years in retail and worked at 5 different stores. I have met friends I will have for the rest of my life, learned a lot of both professionally and personally, and grown up overall.

Out of the 5 stores, Tilly's and Pacsun were the absolute best. I have so many memories from both stores while at work and outside of work. I use to say I never needed to go away to college, I worked at Tilly's. This is where I met friends for life, went to a lot of parties, and learned a lot about life and myself. And as much as I hated retail, I loved going to work when I worked at Pacsun. I basically got paid to go hangout with my best friends there. If the specific store I had worked at hadn't closed down, I probably would still work there.

As happy as I am to move on, I am a little nervous. When you have been in the same job field for so long and been good at it, it's scary to try something new that you've have very little experience in. I'm ready for the change though. As much as I loved working in an environment that let me meet new people every day and with one of my favorite things, clothes, it was necessary. I was tired of working nights, weekends, and holidays. I was tired of being on such a different schedule than my family and friends. But mostly I was tired of not being paid what I thought I deserved, or appreciated like I should have been.

It's going to be scary for awhile, but I'm ready!

Day 118- Words of Wisdom.... "A change of scenery makes for good health." AND "Welcome change." AND "Those who look up see the stars."

No comments:

Post a Comment