Friday, November 22, 2013

Day 236- Break Routine

I'm someone who likes routine and consistency. I can adapt when there are changes, but I don't particularly enjoy it. Every night during the Monday thru Friday work week is the same. I wake up every morning around 6:45A.M., I get ready, and I leave by 7:20A.M. Once I'm at work each day is definitely different, but there are still things each day that are consistent. I go to lunch around the same time every day and I leave around the same time. Once I'm home every night is almost identical. I have dinner, take Tyson for a walk, take a shower, get my clothes and lunch ready for the next day, write my blog posting, watch some television, and got to bed between 10:00-11:00P.M. every night. It is predictable and the same, but I like it.

At least on the weekends I get some kind of change. I still wake up around the same time each morning, usually around 9:00 A.M., and I will walk Tyson and write my blog at some point in the day. So I still have some routine those days of the week as well. It is important though to break away from the constant every one in awhile. Without some kind of change things get stagnant and borderline depressing. By making a few simple changes it makes you more open to changes and new experiences. Because remember, every little counts and helps.

So tonight, instead of watching television after I finish with this post, I'm going to put on some music and work on finishing some of my Thanksgiving crafts.

Day 236- I'm Thankful For….

I'm thankful for having a roof over my head. When ever there is a cold, windy, rainy night out like there is tonight I always think how lucky I am. I know tonight I will be sleeping in a warm bed in a warm house. I know not everyone has that.

No comments:

Post a Comment