Sunday, November 10, 2013

Day 224- You Knew It Was Coming

If you have read any of my other posts you knew this was eventually coming. so I'm just going to skip straight to the end of my post today.



Day 224- I'm Thankful For….


I'm thankful for my dog Tyson. Next month he will be 4 years-old, and I can't believe how fast that time has gone. I remember the day we got him clear as day still. He was 8 weeks old at that time. He was initially suppose to be my brother's dog, but at some point the bond Tyson and I formed made him mine.

Before Tyson I knew what love was. I knew I loved my parents, my brothers, and the rest of my family, but it was more of a concept than an actual feeling to me. It wasn't until we got Tyson that I finally felt love. I would compare it to the same kind of love between mother and child. A kind of unconditional love that can't be explained, you have to experience it.

Now I've never had a child and that comparison might be totally off. For me though, I think of my pet as my child for right now. Tyson sure has taught me things that children teach their parents. He has taught me how to have endless patience, taught me how to care for something that is extremely dependent on you, taught me  how to listen and figure out what is wrong when there are no words, taught me how to appreciate the simplest things in life, taught me that joy can come multiple times a day, taught me that there are bonds that can run deeper than ever imagined, taught me how to protect what is important to us, and taught me that loyalty to the ones who love us is the most important kind.

The one constant these past 2 years for me has been my family, and that includes Tyson. Cuddling up to him is one of the few things in this world that makes me feel the safest. I'm never alone as long as I have him because he is always right there when I need him. I know for a fact that I would have been much worse off if he wasn't around during this time in my life. He has definitely made me a dog person for the rest of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment