Monday, November 4, 2013

Day 218- Collecting Leaves

I decided over the weekend that for Thanksgiving this year I want to make placemats and maybe a centerpiece to decorate the table with for dinner this year. I'm not sure yet what I want to do yet, but while taking Tyson for a walk every night I see tons of different leaves that have fallen to the ground. I've decided to start collecting all different shapes and sizes and see what I come up with.

It has actually been fun the last few nights doing this. It's like a new adventure for my mom and I. Maybe one night Tyson will even stet helping us. I know that is wishful thinking, but we already have a good pile going just after two nights. I'll have to take a picture and share the final result before I start creating.


Day 218- I'm Thankful For….

I'm thankful for my parents taking home movies when I was growing up. I love being able to look back and see all the ugly clothes I wore because it was the fashion, all the crazy plays the neighborhood kids and I would put on, the vacations we went on, what family members looked like when I was young, what I looked like when I was young, and all the events that happened that I may not remember as clearly as I get older.

I'm sure for some people looking back on old home movies can bring sadness, but for me they don't. They bring joy, happiness, and entertainment. Sometimes they also bring embarrassment, but I know that happens to everyone. I love every now and then just popping in an old VHS and simply watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment