Saturday, November 9, 2013

Day 223- Personality Test

How many out there believe a lot in astrological charts, birth signs, horoscopes, personality tests, etc? I'm a Gemini and I can say that almost every single thing I have ever read involving personality traits of a Gemini are not accurate. There have been a few, but most of the time I have very few similarities. On the Chinese zodiac chart I am an ox, and again I have never read an ox description that matches up with me. My horoscopes never pan out and don't end up being true.

Yesterday, I saw online a game that mixes a personality test and matches the results with a character from Harry Potter. Being a huge Harry Potter fan, of course I took it. The personality test they had me take is known as the Myers-Briggs personality test. This test is a series of questions that determine physiological preferences in how people view the world and make decisions. The test is based on the idea that there are 4 different physiological functions that we use while experiencing the world. They are: sensation, intuition, feeling, and thinking. Out of these 4 sensations, there is often 1 that is dominate the majority of the time.

After taking the test, you will come up with one of the 16 different types of personality types. They present this as a series of 4 letters. In the series of letters one receives there could be an E (extroversion), I (introversion), S (sensing), N (intuition), T (thinking), F (feeling), J (judging), and P (perception). I took the test and ended up with ISFJ, which stands for introversion, sensing, feeling, and judging. Once you have been given your type, they provide a description, which has been the most accurate of me I have ever seen. It describes me as:

The Defender. Traditional, loyal, kind and observant of others. Value stability and cultural norms and are often consistent with work. Known for their kindness and willingness to go to any length to help those in need. Often fear change and try hard to maintain peace.

To me, that sounds 99.9% correct. Oh, and the Harry Potter character I'm most like-Neville Longbottom.


Day 223- I'm Thankful For….

I'm thankful for hockey. My explanation, I'm Canadian. Enough said.




No comments:

Post a Comment