Saturday, February 15, 2014

Day 320- Off To The Races

Today marked two firsts for me. I went to my first horse race and I went to the restaurant Dave and Buster's for the first time.

Today a group of eleven of us went to the Santa Anita race track to watch the horse races. We found a deal online where we got box seats, a beer or wine drink, lunch, a program, and a souvenir glass all  for $30. It was a lot of fun! I ended up winning on one race for a total of $6. Now I spent $20 throughout the day so I actually lost money, but I don't care. It was fun, and the horses were beautiful to watch.

After the races seven of us decided to head across the road for dinner and games. I had always seen television commercials for Dave and Buster's and I always wanted to go, but never had. We all split a bunch of different appetizers and then we ended up playing some games. I won on a few games and got a total of 640 tickets. I got a cup, some candy, and gave the remainder to a kid.

Overall today was a good day. It's so nice to actually be able to enjoy things like this again. I love that I can go out and not be so worried the entire time. I'm not constantly wondering if something bad will happen, if I end up panicking, or if I'm simply just going to be miserable the entire time. I can just be and go with the flow.

 Before all this I definitely took that for granted. The ability to just go somewhere and have fun is a true gift. It's not until you don't have that ability that you realize how amazing it is. 


Day 320- Love Notes

The Notebook





No comments:

Post a Comment