Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Day 316- Bubba

After writing about my older brother last night I realized I haven't really talked about my younger brother too much. He and I are three years apart. Not only do we look completely different, but personality wise we are pretty different as well. I love school, he hates it. I am not a fan of being on my own, he loves it. I love country music, he hates it.

Growing up we were like a normal brother and sister. We got along, but we would have our moments of fighting. When I was about 19-years-old till about 23- years-old we were very close. We had the same friends, we liked the same music, and we hung out all the time. As we have gotten older we have grown apart a little bit. Our likes have changed, some of our views on life are different, and our friends are different. That doesn't mean I love him any less though.

One thing that my brother and I have in common is that we both have issues with anxiety and depression. The difference though is how we have handled it. We both have done what we each think is right for us, and we will most likely deal with it on and off our entire lives. It definitely has made things difficult for each of us in our own ways, but it has taught me a lot about him.

My brother has one of the biggest hearts I know, but he doesn't always show it. Those who don't know him very well probably think he is "Mr. Tough Guy," but deep down he really cares about people. He is an extremely hard worker and doesn't like to let people down. He definitely likes being independent, but I think he will end up with someone who he can take care of and who will take care of him. He is definitely a typical Gemini in that he likes to have a hand in everything whether it is sports, music, or clothing. He is extremely creative and would do well in a job that fostered that.

Like a lot of older sisters I tend to think I always know what is right for him. I often feel like I act like his second mom at times. But ever since I found out that my mom and dad were having a little brother for me, I have felt the need to take care of him. Ultimately I know he is now a "man" and doesn't need to be taken care of anymore. Like every older sister my one wish for my baby brother is for him to be happy and to know how much I love him.


Day 316- Love Notes

Nights in Rodanthe



No comments:

Post a Comment