Saturday, February 1, 2014

Day 306- All By Myself

I didn't mention this earlier for safety reasons, but since Wednesday my parents have been in Arizona visiting family and friends. They came back this afternoon. I definitely was nervous about them leaving. Now I know I am 28 years-old, but I don't particularly like being home at night alone. I'm fine being alone at night if I'm awake. I have a hard time sleeping. I'm such a hard sleeper, it makes me nervous. If something were ever to happen, I probably wouldn't hear it. At least if someone else is home, they would be an extra set of ears.

I actually did alright alone. Now my brother was home too, but he often works nights and doesn't get home until late. I fell asleep pretty easily though, which surprised me. Of course I fell asleep on the couch instead of my room, but still. I slept, alone at night, without much issue. This may not seem like a big deal, but it is HUGE for me. Not just because of the recent issues. This was the first time in 28 years I felt comfortable enough to go to bed with no one home.

I have never liked being alone, and even though I was okay with it the last few days I would still feel better with others home at night. Now the next time my parents go on vacation, I won't be worried about it. I know now it will be fine. I will sleep alright, and it's not too lonely. The last few days have been a big step for me, not just with my anxiety but in life.


Day 306- Love Notes

To me, one of the greatest love story writers out there today is Nicholas Sparks. Every girl has read at least one of his books and every guy has been dragged to a movie that was made from one of his books. I decided since the month of February is often known as the love month because of Valentine's Day on February 14th, I would post quotes from Nicholas Sparks books. I've heard the theory that you get back what you put out in the universe, so by putting out love I hope to get love back; Love from family, friends, co-workers, God, and anyone else who might be out there.

The Notebook

No comments:

Post a Comment