Monday, February 10, 2014

Day 315- Happy Birthday Wes-A-Lee!!

Today is my older brother's birthday. When I think of him I think of how amazing he is. I'm so impressed with what a great dad and husband he is, how hard working he is, and how I seem to always have fun when I'm around him. Overall, I'm so thankful for him and the fact that I actually have a relationship with him.

Things could have been a lot different between us. He is technically my half brother and he didn't come to live with me until I was 1-years-old. He is also 13 years older than me, so I didn't technically grow up with him too much. He was already away at college by the time I was old enough to start remembering events from being a kid. I do remember though when he would come home from school and visit. He and my younger brother would wrestle for hours. I remember watching them and occasionally trying to join in.

After he graduated college he lived up north for awhile. I was just starting high school when he moved back down south with his wife and daughter. Eventually he moved back to where my entire family lives now. This time he came with his wife and now three daughters. It wasn't until the last few years though that I started hanging out with him and his family on a regular basis.

To me, my older brother is one of my heroes. He has worked so hard for all the things he has. He always puts the people he loves first and will do anything for them. Like a lot of other people, he has had some downs in life. He easily could have let his downs keep him down but he chose to rise above. I probably don't tell him enough, but I really do love him and I'm grateful I get to call him my big brother.


Day 315- Love Notes

    

No comments:

Post a Comment