Thursday, February 6, 2014

Day 311- Time Flies

I remember growing up time seemed to move so slowly. As a child, Christmas Eve was the longest day ever. As I got older, it always seemed to be so long before winter and summer breaks would happen. Even after high school, my college experienced seemed to move at a speed that wasn't slow, but definitely wasn't fast either. Ever since I have graduated college, however, time has just seemed to speed up.

For me, it is crazy to think that in just 16 months, I'll be 30 years-old. When the heck did that happen!?!? I have noticed though, ever since I have started working full time, time goes by even quicker. I love the fact that work seems to go by quickly. It means that I actually enjoy my job and I'm not board. But the days just seem to fly by. I wake up, get ready, put in roughly 8-9 hours at work, come home, eat dinner, walk Tyson, shower, get all my things ready for the next day, write my blog, relax and watch television for about an hour, and go to bed. That is my life Monday thru Friday. Every now and then I'll throw in dinner with friends or an event, but I feel like the day goes by so quickly, I don't have time for much else. The weekends don't seem to go by any slower. I get the majority of my chores done Saturday plus random plans, and Sunday is church, relax a little, and then get ready for another week.

I know it is not just me. It seems like almost everyone I know feels like this too. That is probably why there is the saying "life is short." Maybe life it's not short though, maybe time is too fast. Sometimes I wonder if the days were 36 hours instead of 24 hours, would it not seem like things go by so fast? Since we would have more time to do things each day, would we feel like we were doing and experiencing more each day? I know this is not possible, but I think it would be cool if time were to slow down just a little. If it did maybe then there wouldn't so many people, myself included, who feels like there just isn't enough time each day to get everything in.


Day 311- Love Notes





No comments:

Post a Comment